In 2016, Humanscale began a partnership with Bureo - an emerging venture developing innovative solutions to prevent ocean plastic pollution. Using their incredible NetPlus recycled plastic, the Diffrient Smart Ocean Chair was born.
Featuring the same timeless design and functionality as the Diffrient Smart Chair, the Smart Ocean offers form-sensing, mesh technology to instantly adjust to and move with every unique user. There is no need for training, instructions, or manual adjustments. Humanscale's weight-sensitive, mechanism-free recline, automatically adjusts to the body weight of each sitter to provide a perfect recline, providing the correct amount of tension for their shape.
With its unmatched 15 year warranty, the Smart Ocean Chair by Humanscale is a smart choice for your home or office task chair.
- Weight-sensitive, self-locking recline mechanism uses each sitter's body weight to perfectly adjust the tension and recline of the chair, up to 20 degrees of movement.
- Unique arm design attached to back frame to provide support during full range of recline.
- Tri-panel, non-stretch mesh provides perfectly tailored comfort, and lumbar support for any posture.
- Large contact area with sculpted shape reduces pressure points by matching the seated form. It's modular, so it can be easily replaced if necessary.
- Built to support 95% of working population's size - height range of 5'0" to 6'4", and weight range of 100-300 pounds.
- Made using recycled plastic from fishing nets, so each chair is less environmental waste.
- Designed for easy disassembly with clear recycling instructions.
Recycled nylon, polyester monofilament mesh, and die-cast aluminum base.
Overall: 44.8" H x 26.5" W x 26" D
Overall Product Weight: 40
Seat Height: 20"
Seat Height Range: 16.5" - 22.8".
Chair Width Without Arms: 21".
Recline Range: 18 degree recline, 8 degree backrest tilt.