The Steelcase Series 1 Chair is a very popular WFH option. It's small, highly adjustable and affordable.
- Integrated Liveback Technology with Adjustable Lumbar Support - Allows the chairback to change shape and mimics the user's spine as it moves throughout the day.
- 4D Adjustable Arms - Move in height, width and depth, and pivot to better support the user's neck and shoulders. The cantilevered arm design encourages postural change.
- Adaptive Bolstering - Adaptive bolstering in the seat cushion creates a custom comfort pocket. The seat foam is cored (small cylinders are cut out of it) to allow for more compression in some areas of the seat than others. This allows the Series 1 Chair's foam seat to adapt to your unique size and shape.
- Weight Activated Mechanism - Allows for quick, intuitive seat adjustments.
- Back Tension and Back Angle - Turn the dial to one of the three comfort settings: Upright back lock, Full recline with weight-activated tension and boost, Full recline with weight-activated tension
- Optional headrest option
How much does it cost?
The price is between about $500-$650 depending on the selected features and upgrades.
Can you add a headrest later?
Yes! The headrest moves up and down on a slight arc. We offer several headrest color options on our website here. You can also add a coat rack instead of a headrest to hang your blazer on when you're working.
How soon can it ship?
If it's in stock at our warehouse, it can ship within 1-3 days. If we don't have it in stock, it will take 2-3 weeks to be custom-made at Steelcase.
Series 1 vs Series 2
They both have the same seat controls and 5 star base. From the waist down, they are the same. Series 1 is a highly customizable task chair great for users up to 200 pounds.
The Series 2 has slightly thicker arms (the same ones on Amia, Think and Leap Chairs) and a back that resembles that of the Amia. This chair is good for users up to 300 pounds.