Humanscale stands for ergonomic furniture. The Freedom Chair is what you might call their Magnum Opus (thus far).
Created by Niels Diffrient and winner of more than 10 design awards, the Freedom task chair uses the laws of physics and the sitter’s body weight to provide instant, custom support for every sitter.
How does this chair stand out from other chairs?
"Freedom Chair" stands for being free from all tilt features. Since it's self-adjusting, it's not as complex as some chairs with various adjustment features. There isn't the tilt limiter or tilt tension like in most chairs. It uses your own weight to determine tension and hold you up.
Do you have this chair in stock?
Yes, we do have some options that can ship from stock! Check out those options here.
What are the pros of gel seats over foam seats?
- Gel Seats distribute pressure better than foam seats. After 90 minutes of sitting, gel seats release 60% less max pressure than foam seats. This is because gel behaves more like a liquid than a solid, so as pressure builds in one area, it disperses to low-pressure areas, thus distributing weight proactively.
- Set atop a thin layer of polyurethane foam, the Technogel layer provides outstanding shock absorption and distributes pressure evenly across the seat- making those long hours of sitting much more comfortable.
Is there a headrest option?
No, the Freedom Chair does not come with a headrest.
What is it made of?
- The graphite and titanium bases are made of hard plastic to match the plastic frame of the chair. The base is also available in polished aluminum.
- The seat comes in standard foam or Technogel (even better than a bicycle seat) over a thin polyurethane foam.
- Armpads are available with Duron covers over foam (Duron is a soft urethane plastic material)or gel. Both Duron and gel armpads are available with or without upholstery to match your seat.