Extend is an optional plan that you can purchase for additional warranty coverage. Generally, any product that is susceptible to mechanical or electrical failure or accidental damage is eligible for a protection plan.
There are two types of plans:
- Accidental damage from handling (ADH) plan: this includes accidental damage from mishandling. It starts on the date of delivery and runs concurrently with the manufacturer’s warranty. After the manufacturer warranty expires, it will also extend the manufacturer warranty period by 2, 3, or 5 years.
- Base plan: This will start when the warranty expires. It will not have ADH coverage, it will just have a manufacturer warranty extension.
Is there anything Extend doesn't cover?
It doesn’t cover misuse, abuse, loss, or theft. It doesn’t cover consumables (light bulbs, batteries, etc). It also doesn’t cover damages caused by natural disasters (i.e. flooding) or product support such as cleaning and preventative maintenance.
It also doesn’t cover shipping damage - please contact Smart Furniture if your order was damaged in shipment and we'll take care of you.
Can I purchase Extend after I placed my order?
Yes, post-purchase options are available!
- For the ADH plan, you have 30 days from the delivery date to purchase Extend.
- For the base plan, you have all the way until the end of the manufacturer’s warranty to purchase Extend - to extend the warranty coverage.
What are the benefits of purchasing Extend?
- Peace of mind - confidence that accidental damage is covered.
- Knowing that Extend will repair or replace the item with no additional cost to you.
- Zero deductible - it’s a one-time payment up front, but no additional deductible after that.
How do I file a claim with Extend?
Filing a claim is easy. You can visit https://www.extend.com/customers. To file a claim, you will message Extend’s virtual claims specialist, Kaley, or you can get help from a customer support representative at 877-248-7707.